1. The gender-sensitive report may be of the different format: news report, analytics, interview, blog etc., published as a text, video, audio, visual
2. The gender-sensitive report may be of the different length.
3. The gender-sensitive report may be of the different language (Ukrainian, Russian, English).
4. The gender-sensitive report may be but is not limited to the following topics: problems faced by women and men during the conflict, underpinned gender stereotypes and their influence on men and women, the role of women leaders in local hromada development, the issue of gender-based violence, impact of conflict on women and men etc. We also welcome the reports which are not directly related to gender, but in which the authors try to look at other topics through gender lenses, considering different opportunities for men and women from different social groups.
5. The gender-sensitive report should be published between February 1 and March31, 2017.
Deadline: March 31, 2017
The winners will be announced on May 1st, 2017
There are three prizes:
Main Prize: UAH 5,000
Second and third best choice: UAH 3,000 and 2000
Please submit your report or the link to it and a short bio with the subject “Media competition on “Gender-Sensitive Reporting””by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to: UN Women
20, Esplanadna str., Office 213
Kyiv, 01023, Ukraine
The submission should include: the report itself (text, video or audio, the link to the published piece) and a short bio of the author(s) (up to 100 words).
For any additional information please contact email@example.com
This media competition is organized by UN Women in the framework of UNDP-UN Women Joint Programme on “Restoration of Governance and Reconciliation in Crisis-Affected Communities of Ukraine”, funded by the European Union.